Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Must Read in 2018 - Final Update



It almost seems strange to be going back to update this list, because I finished it back in May, but I wanted to take a quick look back before posting my 2019 list. I am definitely one who loves to work off a list, and I usually read all or at least most of the books on mine. I do listen to several of the books, which allows me to read more than I would otherwise. As I look back at my goals, my reading was spot on, but my wish to write more about the books I read only lasted a very short time. I didn't really blog on any of my books, with the exception of the spring #mustread update, and while I made some notes on books early in the year, I didn't stick with it. That will continue to be a goal. My other positive was keeping my list on my circulation desk at school. It was the spark of many conversations with students and even some teachers, and I consider that the biggest success of my #mustreadin2018!  My 2018 list is below:
There are several outstanding books on the list, and I didn't read any which I rated below 4 stars. Most books are for middle grade students, although I did include some young adult titles as well. Eight of the titles ended up on our 2018 Mock Newbery list. They are listed below:
  • Amal Unbound
  • Breakout
  • Ghost Boys
  • Hope in the Holler
  • The Journey of Little Charlie
  • Just Like Jackie
  • The Parker Inheritance
  • Rebound
I look forward to reading updates from others and to continuing the #mustread tradition in 2019!


1 comment:

  1. I agree that many of these are stand out titles! Loved Breakout, Ghost Boys, Amal Unbound and The Parker Inheritance!

    ReplyDelete